Wednesday 15 August 2012

Review: Rimmel 'Wake me up' Foundation

I'm sure any beauty junkie will have heard a lot about this product as it's been hailed as one of the best drugstore/high street foundations on the market. 


My mum bought this for me when I left all my make-up in London as I needed something to keep me going and that would look good, but I didn't want to spend a load of money on make-up I would only use for a week or two! I've always stayed away from Rimmel as I've never been able to verify it's animal testing status. Some websites say they do, some say they don't - it's all a bit confusing really! Since my mum had already bought it, and I did use it for a while, I thought I might as well do a review on it for you all.


'Wake me up' foundation claims to reawaken and illuminate the skin with it's anti-fatigue effect. It does have some microscopic glitter in, which I imagine works to give the radiant effect it claims to give, but these are only noticeable in the bottle and just barely at that. The packaging is quite cheap, but then the foundation isn't high end so I wouldn't expect anything great from the casing. I do like the pump it has, I feel this gives just the right amount to cover your whole face in one pump. I tried a few ways of applying it, and found it applied best with a MAC 130 Buffing Brush, then smoothing down with your fingers to sink it into the skin.

As for the foundation itself? I was impressed, but only to a certain extent. It is definitely a great quality foundation for the price (I believe it retails for £8.99) and it does give a good medium coverage, which could be built up if needed. It's definitely a higher coverage that I would use on a day-to-day basis. I wouldn't say it gives a flawless finish and I find it can cake on certain areas of my face. I would not recommend this for oily skin. I get oily patches around my nose and this foundation would just slip right off here after a few hours. 


Blended in with fingers
Overall, this is a decent foundation for a good price - if you were looking for a cheaper alternative to a MAC foundation, then this is it! I don't think I'll be repurchasing but I probably will finish the bottle, it might just take me a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment