Monday 16 July 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains

Anybody who knows anything about make-up knows that Revlon have been excelling in the lip product departments this year. First came the Lip Butters, which I just fell in love with! I have three: Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Pie and Candle Apple. These products were absolutely fantastic, and I would recommend anybody who doesn't really like wearing lipgloss but still wants that 'lipgloss shine' to check them out because they are really good.

However this review is talking about their latest products which have been advertised by the ever lovely Emma Stone, the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. These have been compared the the Clinique Chubby Sticks, which I have not tried. I've swatched them a couple of times but I could never really justify shelling out for a product which didn't seem to be anything special. The Revlon balms are on a much more friendly price scale and are currently on offer £5.99 in Boots and Superdrug - get them quick before they got up to £7.99! I had told myself I would be on a spending ban for a while but at £5.99, it'd be rude not to wouldn't it?!


The three shades I picked up were: Darling, Honey and Crush.

Top to bottom: Crush, Honey, Darling


Darling Cherie looks a little bit scary in the tube as the packaging is a pale lavender, yet when it's swatched or applied, it comes out this lovely pale pink with only a slight hint of lavender. It's colour is comparable to MAC Angel or Snob. I would say it is slightly blue toned, but ever-so slightly. It certainly wouldn't be as unwearable as I know Snob is on warmer skin tones. It is fairly sheer so if you have dark lips like me, I would recommend applying a small amount of concealer before using to get the full colour benefit. Definitely don't walk past this shade! 

Honey Doece is one I actually picked out for my mother. It's a flattering nude shade with a very slight hint of plum-peach I would say. A really nice shade if you have a warmer skin tone and darker features. 

Crush Beguin is a deep berry colour, which is like my achilles heel! I'm forever on the search for the "perfect berry red" shade. This one comes pretty close. It almost has a wine-coloured tint to it which looks really rich and flattering, especially on the paler skintones. I noticed it also makes your teeth look nice and white as well - alway a plus!



 I do really like these products. They truly are a 'stain', they don't dry out your lips as much as I thought they would (Rimmel 1000 Kisses - I'm looking at you!) and they apply with a shine, that eventually fades to a matt finish. I wouldn't say I love them as much as I love the Lip Butters, which I adored right from the get-go, but they are definitely not one to pass up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment