Saturday 14 July 2012

Review: Lush Eau Roma Water

As I often find myself doing when shopping, I popped into LUSH last week. I only went in to ask a question about my Seanik Shampoo Bar (it's stopped drying between washes and so sticks to the tin, anyone else have this problem?!) but I found myself hovering dangerously close to the face products.

I feel I should just take a moment to praise LUSH for how excellent their customer service is, I was there two seconds before an assistant was spritzing my hand and loading me with samples of various products (more on that in a minute) and just generally being extremely lovely! I decided to pick up this toner because I've noticed my skin getting increasingly more oily in the past few months and I've been starting to break out in a few places. I've never had particularly troublesome skin but it was definitely playing up a bit!


 After using it for a week or so, I can say: I am a toner convert! I'd never really seen the point of it before but this toner really does the job. Now some of you may be thinking, 'Hang on a second now, you said your skin was getting oilier but this toner say it hydrates? What's up with that?' and...you are right. To be honest, I'm not sure what the deal is here. I do have dry patches and the toner definitely helps to soothe them and hydrate my skin but I find it also helps to cleanse the oilier patches of my skin as well. With me, almost instantly, it tones down the redness in my cheeks and my skin feels softer. The smell is very nice, with the lavender extracts, and the packaging is lovely, as they always are with LUSH and I shall most certainly be repurchasing! 

The lavender helps balance sebum production while the rose water helps calm and hydrate your skin.

You can either spritz on to a cotton pad, as I like to do, or spray directly on to your face to refresh it. 
(Sorry for overexposure)

 I was kindly given a sample of Ultrabland, along with the suggestion to use with the Eau Roma Water. I have to say, I really don't like this! I know it's quite a staple in LUSH and a lot of people do love it, but when I used it, it left my skin feeling grimy and sticky. It didn't take my make-up off fully and smells really bad. Quite disappointing!




I also received a sample of CoalFace, which I haven't had a chance to use yet but when I do, I'll be sure to let you all know!

Bye for now! x

No comments:

Post a Comment