Thursday 19 July 2012

Aldi...make-up?! | Intro & Review


Yeah, you read it right! Today I'm going to be talking about a few make-up items I picked up from Aldi. No, I've not gone insane. In general, own make products - like M&S, Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Co-op and Aldi - are cruelty free. Lacura is also a well established brand, who sell premium products at crazy low prices. So I thought as the products were fairly cheap, I would check them out. I have five items to talk about so lets crack on!


1) Lacura Shimmering Day Cream:

I'll just start by saying that I LOVE this cream. I picked this up a few months ago for £3.49 and I've used it religiously every day since then. Like the name suggests, it has shimmer in it so the minute you put it on, your skin looks radiant and glowing. It comes with a pump, which I love (I hate digging into pots to get cream!) and half a pump is enough to cover your whole face. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

2) Lacura Q10 Moisturing Night Cream:

This is actually one my Mum uses, which I have used a few times so I thought I would include it on this review. The reason I don't use it, is I find it a little bit heavy for my younger skin - but I know my Mum loves it. I just asked her and she described it as "rich and moisturising". The name is obviously a play on Nivea Q10. This retails for £1.99 I believe.

3) Lacura Waterproof Mascara: 

The first thing to notice about this is that it has a very chemical smell to it. The tube is small and doesn't appear to come in a larger size but the wand is a decent size and quality. The formula itself is ok, it provides a fair amount of lift and volume. It's not very curling, and I always need mascara to curl my lashes. For the price of £2.39, it is very good. It doesn't flake or smudge on me and is suitable for sensitive eyes.


4) Lacura Compact Powder:

This powder comes in a very sleek case, with a mirror and applicator puff. It's of average quality - if you didn't suffer from oily skin or problem area's, this would be great. If you did, I would recommend a better quality one. This seems comparable in quality to the Collection 2000 Lasting Finish Powder, which I've used for a while and is a similar price. You can pick this up for £1.99

5) Lacura Duo Eyeshadow in 'Olive':

Now, these aren't shades I would normally pick up for my eye colour (a blue/grey) but I thought for £1.99 I might jump on the olive eyeshadow trend. These actually give really great colour pay-off considering the price and blend reasonably well. This compact includes two matt shades - an olive green and a lighter cream. I was a little disappointed when I got this home to discover that the green is very light, I wouldn't call it Olive personally but it is still a very pretty colour. The lighter cream shade is much more wearable and is light enough to use as a brow highlighter, if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment